Friday, February 5, 2010

Flight to Haiti leaves in t-minus 8 days...

Time is flying by!  I board the plane for Ft Lauderdale on the 11th and out to Haiti on the 13th.  Everyone I have dealt with so far from Faith Care have been to Haiti multiple times. This is a huge relief to me. They have given me wonderful advice as well.

My global phone from Verizon should be here Tuesday. The per minute rates are not cheap,  but the text rates are very reasonable at 50 cents sending and 5 cents received. The phone itself is free to borrow provided I don't lose or damage it. I will try to update via text message at least once a day. (Still gotta figure that one out,  looks straightforward enough)

Thanks to all for your support! So far, I can think that I may need is a small bedroll, a couple nights at the Days Inn near the Airport in Ft Lauderdale on the 11th, 12th and 21st, and a some long sleeve, lightweight shirts.

One update: from what I gather,  we will be working in a hospital in Cap Haitien.

Thanks for reading and for your kind words. If you are able,  please become a follower on the actual blog (if you are getting this by email) and pass along to your friends!

-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment